Sit in any Casualty Department, hospital ward or by poor chance, lie in a hospital bed and sure as eggs are eggs your pulse, temperature and perhaps bloods will be sent away to be analysed with the regularity of a metronome.
Ask the same questions of our Directors about our KPI’s and let’s be honest, the response may not be quiet as fluid, robust and timely as our hospital visitors may expect.
Lets have a quick test shall we? ( Recall back to the horror’s of school days when a “test” was sprung upon us)
1. What was the bank reconciliation this morning?
2. What were our sales last week?
3. Value of your debtors?
4. First time pick in the warehouse?
5. Value of lost sales?
6. What Marketing Campaign is going out next month?
7. Any handle on your Customer Satisfaction ?
8. What’s happening in the warehouse?
Just a sample of potential KPI’s to be asked
Sobering isn’t it?…………What are you going to about it?